Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Preparing for FET #2

We knew we wanted to cycle right away since the FET it pretty simple. We wouldn't make it in time to cycle in December due to when our FET ended so we were scheduled to cycle again in January. We had a consultation with our RE to discuss our failed cycle. We talked about what could have gone wrong, if we needed to change anything, how we were feeling about the results, and so on. Our RE basically said she believed it basically came down to statistics. She put it quite more polite than that but that's the jist of it. Basically everything was perfect and looked like it needed to going into transfer and our transfer was a breeze and very smooth. However that doesn't guarantee success. She said since we didn't have out embryos PGS/PGD tested it could have been an abnormal embryo as well. We agreed because of everything we wanted to stick with the same protocol we had used. It obviously worked very well for us so we didn't want to deviate from it. Why change it if it isn't broken?

After our consultation we did my Saline ultrasound which is where a saline solution is pushed into the uterus to look for issues. During this my RE found a polyp in my uterus and informed me this would need to be removed before we could transfer. Due to the timing this would push our second FET back another month and into February. However, it was best to proceed with removing the polyp because it can hinder the success of a cycle.

On Jan. 3rd I had a hysteroscopy to remove the polyp my RE saw at the saline and she cleared out some other areas that looked like they could have become polyps had they not been addressed. The procedure went really smooth. My RE was able to get everything and said this acts as an endo scratch which can aid with implantation of our next FET. So while it did push our transfer back a month it turned out to help us a little as well. Recovery was really easy. No pain meds were needed not even over the counter ones. As soon as I stopped my birth control and started my new cycle I could start my medication protocol for FET #2.

Up Next: February FET - #2

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik