Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2018

February FET - #2

For FET #2 I feel like I was a lot more relaxed. I was excited but I was not as excited as I had been with our first FET. Maybe, it was a fear of getting too excited and hopeful. Maybe, it was just a more relaxed approach. It was honestly a mix of both. I was excited to be starting again but I was nervous it would not turn out like the first one. I was also worried things were so perfect the first time how could they be as good the second time. I had a lot of emotions going around.

At my baseline ultrasound my lining was around a 3ish which was lower than the first round. I had a longer cycle even past my baseline so I was worried I was losing even more lining after this appointment. So when I went to my prelining check I had already come to terms that it was going to be too thin to transfer at that time. Which is fine because my RE schedules 2 different lining checks. If you're ready at the first check you don't have to go to the second and if you're not then you do. So it really wouldn't have been a serious issue if my lining wasn't ready because I had another appointment. However, at my prelining my lining was 10ish so thicker than the cycle before and my RE specifically said this time that it was triple striped which is what they look for. I was pleasantly surprised by this and beyond excited. So we were ready to transfer our two beautiful embryos on Feb. 7th.

The day came and we made our way to St. Louis for the transfer and the air was mixed with excitement and anxiety. I was trying not to be too hopeful but I felt good about this cycle. We had the hysteroscopy acting as an endo scratch which helped out odds and we were transferring 2 embryos instead of 1. I just felt like we were throwing so much at this cycle it had to be better than the last. Transfer was little more uneventful this round.  I took my Valium and we waited for them to come get us. There were no jokes this time, just business. We watched together again as the flash came on the ultrasound screen as they transferred our embryos. Then the long wait began until our beta for this cycle. John and I have always had a white board somewhere in our home as long as we've been dating that we would use to write sweet messages to each other on. We felt it was appropriate to write a sweet message to our embryos during the two week wait.

Our embryos we transferred Feb. 7th
Our message to our embryos



Up Next: Instagram and our Cycle

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik