Pages

Monday, February 19, 2018

Instagram and our Cycle

With our IVF and even first FET we kept everything pretty hush hush. This was mainly because I didn't want the pressure of having to keep everyone up to date on what was going on and the results. I really just wanted to privacy. I wasn't really sure what to expect with IVF and the stories I had read from other Ladies varied greatly. So I didn't want to get in over my head. Everyone who did know has been super supportive and is really great about waiting for us to give them information but I just didn't want the added stress even if minimal.

Somewhere along the way in our second FET I decided to start sharing on Instagram. It still kept almost everyone in the dark. I don't use instagram a lot and most people who follow me are friends not family (although there is some family). So I didn't feel like it was that big of a deal to share there. Plus, with instagram and using hashtags I felt like it would bring some kind of light to others as to part of the process. I wound up having others follow me who had either been through the process and even some professionals. It was actually really nice to have that kind of extra support I didn't have before. It was also nice to see the comments from friends and family along the way as I was sharing. I honestly think doing this helped my positivity and hope through the process due to the extra support. At first I was of course nervous but in the end I am very glad that I chose to share at least some of the journey on social media.

Up Next: Beta Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik