Pages

Monday, November 26, 2018

ER Visit 2/24

I was getting up from a nap when I felt a whoosh between my legs. I knew immediately something was wrong because it is the same kind of feeling I get when my period starts. I went to the bathroom and discovered some blood. I immediately called my nurse. While I know spotting can be normal in early pregnancy I still wanted to call and get her opinion. After listening to me describe the incident and the amount of blood she told me it did not sound like anything to worry about. I also asked my Ladies in my infertility FB group that I am active in to see what they had to say. Most seemed to say the same thing because it seemed minor but a couple told me if I felt like I needed to go to the ER to do so. They also mentioned they probably would not be able to do a lot for me due to the fact that I was so early in my pregnancy but if I felt I needed to go, then I should. My nurse also told me this. At first I was fine. I decided I would just try to relax and and decided to lay back down. When I woke back up this happened again except this time it was worse. I text John and he immediately came home and took me to the emergency room.

I was in the emergency room for almost 8 hours. I got seem almost immediately and everyone very nice and considerate of what I was potentially going through. One of the first things they did was run some labs including a beta to see where it was at. My beta in the ER came back at 5682 which gave us a little bit of hope that this could just be a normal bleed. We left the ER that night was a small amount of hope but no real answers. We were told it could be a number of things but because I was so early they could not see anything on the ultrasound so we would have to rely on beta numbers for now. I was instructed to go get a new beta drawn on Monday. That beta came back at 1600 which means I was having a miscarriage. I personally believe I fully passed most of the tissue when I was at the ER but did not know what it was at the time.

I lost my pregnancy at 5w1d on February 24th.

My betas for this cycle were:

2/15: 146
2/20: 1180
2/24: 5682
2/26: 1600
2/27: 544

Because I was having a miscarriage after the 27th I had weekly beta draws to ensure it went back down to 0. It steadily decreased until it randomly started going back up. This was a nightmare because in my mind I was wondering if maybe one embryo had passed but the other was holding on. While my RE said this was highly highly unlikely I still held onto that chance. Ultimately my my beta stabilized and barely budged so my RE recommended having a D&C done to go in and remove the remaining tissue that was preventing my beta from going down. My 8 week ultrasound should have been on April 3rd, my birthday. My D&C for my miscarriage was on April 4th. My RE mentioned she did find tissue that had not passed and she believed that was why my beta would not go down to 0. About 2 weeks after my D&C my beta was down to 0 which meant my D&C was successful and we could move on.

Up next: FET #3

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik