Pages

Friday, December 15, 2017

What We've Been Up To

March 2017 John and I started searching for a new RE to pursue IVF with because ours left the clinic we were at. In April we had a consult with Dr. Dayal at SIRM in St. Louis. We knew instantly she was the Dr we wanted to see for our infertility treatments going forward. Her and her clinic are amazing. We felt like she genuinely cared about our journey but also gave us all of the information we needed. She has always been willing to answer any and all questions we have ever had. Late April and May we went through all the prerequisites our clinic has; all new labs, semen analysis, SHG, and carrier screenings for John and I.

Finally in July we were ready to start our first IVF cycle. We were so excited to finally be making progress toward our dream of having a family. Our giant box of medications came in and really started to sink in. Slowly I started taking the medication per the calendar my clinic gave me. At my first ultrasound things were progressing but obviously slower than they liked so my Dr upped my medication doses. Two ultrasounds later my Dr and I agreed that we should cancel our IVF because my follicles were not growing correctly. If we had continued we would have only been able to retrieve 5 or less which would have been a waste of time and money.

Even though I agreed with my Dr I was disappointed to say the least. We had been waiting over a year to do IVF and on our first attempt things already didn't go well. However I trusted my Dr and she mentioned that she believed increasing my medications would do the trick. She sounded really confident in this which made me feel better. I also knew I was only the lowest medication protocol my clinic has because my Dr was worried about over-stimulation because I have pcos. So it only made sense that increasing medication doses would have a positive impact. Our goal was was to try IVF again in August but due to an increase in our medication cost we had to postpone until September.

Upcoming: Our September IVF

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik