Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Our New Plan

Well today we met with our doctor and talked about the fact that my testosterone didn't come down to where it really needed to be. My doctor said we had two options. Our first option was to take another month off and continue the Spironolact to bring my testosterone levels even more. Our second option was to start Clomid and Dexamethasone. I didn't even think about it. I knew if I chose to keep taking Spironolact and take another month off from TTC I would burst into tears in the doctors office. I know he has probably seem this a million times over but I just couldn't do it. Part of it was that I wasn't willing to take another month off. Dexamethasone is a corticosteriod and should help with my testosterone levels some. This fact and the fact that my testosterone serum came down significantly helped me make my decision.

So our new plan is that today I started taking my Provera. I take Provera once a day for five days and within a week my period should start. On CD 3 (3rd day of my period) I start taking both the Clomid and the dexamethasone. Clomid is supposed to help my body ovulate. The Dexamethasone will combat the elevated testosterone and help the Clomid work. The problem with having elevated testosterone is it works against the Clomid which can cause it to not work. If this plan doesn't work my doctor says we only have 2 options - injectables or another break cycle back on Spironolact. I told him I wanted to go ahead and try a medicated cycle and if if didn't work I would go back on the Spironolact.
Just admitting this last part made me tear up in the exam room. I almost lost it which is a first for me especially at the doctors office. I have teared up before but this time I really thought I was going to lose it and just burst into tears. I kept it together until my doctor left. Then I started crying. We walked out of the exam room and and my doctor and two nurses are standing there. I felt really silly crying but I was genuinely upset about the fact that my testosterone didn't normalize completely. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it still wasn't easy to here. I am really hoping this works although I am trying not to get my hopes up too high. That way if it doesn't work I am not left crashing down...which will still probably happen even if I try to stay level and rational about it.

2 comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik