Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

It has been a while

To catch everyone back up I talked to my doctor about my elevated testosterone levels on Aug 15. He said we could do Clomid or we could address the issue and lower the testosterone. I decided to go ahead and put us on a month break and take the time to lower my testosterone. We have already done 3 rounds of Clomid and obviously none of them were a success. My doctor explained that elevated testosterone can basically work against the IF meds and cause them not to work. This and our previous Clomid attemps are what made me decide to take a break. It was really rough because I wanted to get going and start medicated cycles again. I know this is a step forward but it is still hard to accept being on break.

I started my Spironolact Aug 15th as well. So I have now been on it for 10 days. The side effects have worn off which is very nice. It can cause dizziness which I didn't have a problem with. I was on a blood pressure medicine before to help with my migraines; however this one also has a minor diuretic in it. Yay me. For about the first week it was upsetting my stomach but I think my body has finally gotten use to it now. My alkaline levels were also elevated. This has to do with the liver and gallbladder. When we draw my labs on Sept 12th they are going to check my alkaline levels again. If they are elevated then my doctor says we will probably do an u/s to see if I have gallstones and if I do I may have to get my gallbladder removed. Well, he said if I don't have pain it should be fine but if i do it needs to be taken out. I don't have pains there. I will keep it in there as long as possible!

Passing the time seems to be pretty easy except for when my mind decides to go into overdrive about my gallbladder. When I get bored I play with names - yes this is what I do in my spare time. We have our girl names pretty set (I think). First choice girls name is Alexandra Charlene. It is powerful but feminine and it honors my Grandma Charlene which was really important to me. If we have another girl we are thinking about Ophelia Kathryn. Of course Ophelia is a character from Hamlet but I don't really care about that. I just love the name. It is so girly and uncommon. We haven't decided for a boy. We obviously have plenty of time to decide.

Other than that nothing else it really new. I am working on seeing if I can build up a photography business even if it is mainly as a hobby. I actually am going to be shooting a wedding in October and I am sooooo excited! I guess we will see how it all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik