Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Maybe things are looking up

We got the results from DH's second SA. The doctor said it was much better - thank goodness. Better volume and count. This is amazingly great news! This means DH does not have to see a urologist. He was happy about it. I know he was stressing about it really bad. I think he was worried that he was going to be adding a new problem to what we are already battling.

I went in on Tuesday, August 6th to take my pregnancy test at the doctors office. Of course it came back negative. They prescribed my Provera to start AF. I wake up at 7:30 (roughly) every morning to take my basal body temperature. I noticed that it spiked yesterday - it went up 1.2 degrees. This doesn't sound like much but it is a pretty big deal. I also took an ovulation test and I got the darkest line I have ever gotten so far. I contacted my doctor and explained what I had observed and then I asked what I needed to do. I wasn't sure if I needed to continue my Provera or wait and see if I do ovulate on my own this cycle.
                                                                                    
 
The nurse said I needed to stop taking my Provera and continue checking ovulation. We are going to wait a couple of days to see what happens. The site I use to check all of this is fertility friend. It keep track of the medications I am taking, BBT, ovulation test results, and even gives a prediction of when ovulation will occur based on previous cycles. Right now the site says that based on previous cycles I should theoretically ovulate Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. So I am going to continue to check ovulation and hopefully go in next week and do some blood work to check my Progesterone levels. This will show whether or not I have ovulated. If not I will continue to take my Provera and wait for the next cycle. So I told DH about the new plan to stop the Provera and keep testing ovulation. I looked at him and asked him if he knew what that meant. He of course said what - so I told him we needed to have sex the next couple of days. He asked if needed to do every other day of course I said no. So he looks at me all serious like and says "So basically we've already sent in the army (BD yesterday) and now we are just going to keep sending in reinforcements in hopes that we win? You know all the reinforcements we can get...the more the better." It cracked me up. I was like that is exactly right babe.Aside from this we are waiting for my appointment on August 15th. This appointment is to talk to my doctor about what our plan is going to be in regards to getting my testosterone levels where they need to be. Hopefully he will have good news. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik