Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

First SA Results

We dropped of DH's SA sample to the lab yesterday. I hadn't gotten around to calling the doctors office to tell them yet and I get a call. It's the doctors office and they have the results. I was very surprised! They didn't tell us how long it would take for his results so I didn't really know what to expect! Obviously not long at all! 

They said his count and volume were both low. My doctor wants him to go ahead and do another SA to make sure he wasn't just having an off day. Although they did say he had good motility and health - basically even though volume and count was low what was there was alive and kickin'. To make sure he has plenty of time to build his count back up we are abstaining from sex until Sunday at the earliest. DH will turn in his second sample on Sunday; which will give him 5 days. This way the results will be ready for the doctors office when they open on Monday. 

I was looking at it and the timing is perfect. My doctor wanted me to come in on CD 30 to take a pregnancy test. If I am not pregnant then I will start Provera. Provera will then start AF. My blood work results will determine whether we start IF treatments or not. If my testosterone levels are high (which can be the case in women with POCS) then we will take another month off and try to get my testosterone levels in check. My doctor said it usually only takes about a month and then they go back to normal. I would take a medication for this. Once my testosterone levels are in check I will then start If medications. If my insulin is acting up with will move forward with Metformin + Clomid. If my testosterone is normal then this will be where we start in general. If everything they are testing is normal then I don't know where we will start. We didn't talk about this option. If DH's second SA results come back and are still not where they need to be he will have to go see a urologist; which would mean we would take time off until he gets his count and volume back up. 

I feel kind of bad for him. This whole time we have known that I have PCOS and so it was my fault (for lack of a better way of saying it) that we weren't getting pregnant. Now the doctor is finally looking at him too in order to make sure we address all problems and don't waste any time. He was so nervous yesterday when we were talking about his SA and it broke my heart today when I told him the results. I know we will make it through this regardless. He has been amazing throughout this journey so far. He has been there when I just needed to cry or vent. He has been there when I was having really bad days. I will be there for him if he needs me. He is my everything and I love him a million.

Here's to hoping the second SA comes back good. No, better than good. Here's to hoping it comes back GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik