Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Catching You Up

Welcome to my blog! This is my very first post and I couldn't be more excited about it. I had a Xanga forever but apparently that went out of style? Just a quick tip I do use a lot of acronyms from the bump. On the left is a list of the most commonly used ones and what they mean. I guess to start off I will tell you a little bit about myself and DH and our journey so far. DH and I met in 2010 when I was buying my computer. We hit it off and went out on a date. Who knew two years late I would be marrying my best friend and love of my life. As my blog states above we actually started TTC in December of 2011. I told DH I was worried that it may take some time. We both agreed that we wanted to start a family right away. Even if we got pregnant right away we would be okay with it. Obviously it didn't happen because we are still trying. We got married in April of 2012 and in July of 2012 I was diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) and I found out I don't ovulate.

This was devastating for me. I know it was hard on DH but I don't think it affected him as much as it did me. I have been struggling with depression since I was about 15 and this did not help. I went through a period were I was very depressed and I could not believe my body would essentially betray me. A woman is supposed to be fertile. To carry children. This is one of her most essential jobs in my opinion. So to find out my body didn't work that way on its own was crushing. We start Provera and Clomid right away; Provera to start my period and Clomid to induce (or help with) ovulation. We did 3 rounds of this and nothing. We decided to take a break - well mainly I decided I wanted to take a break. I was still dealing with some strong emotions from getting my diagnosis and I never really got a period to just take it all in and come to terms with it (on any level). Our last medicated cycle was November - December in 2012. I have finally decided I want to start medicated cycles again. We are waiting for our appointment. I am going to ask about some other medications that may work better; such as metformin and possible a trigger in addition to the Clomid. It will all really depend on what our doctor thinks is best; but I want to take a more aggressive approach this go around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik